- Lecture Series 'Career'
- Seminars & Workshops
- Frankfurt Prize for Environment and Sustainability
- Lecture Series
- Focus Groups
- Interdisciplinary/intercultural Projects
- Publication Support
- Travel Grants
- EXPLORING PLANETARY THINKING
- Publication "Nachhaltige Entwicklung in einer Gesellschaft des Umbruchs"
Application Deadlines 2023: April 21, Jul 31, Oct 31
The Center Sustain may, upon request, reimburse travel expenses to support conference travel, travel to workshops, etc.
Depending on the number of travel applications and on the available funds, travel costs may not be fully reimbursed. Should an abstract not yet been accepted by the conference organizers, we will only give a conditional approval of the travel grant.
- that you are registered with Center Sustain,
- that you inform us about other travel grants you have applied for (or will apply) at GRADE Centers and/or other funding bodies,
- that you actively give a presentation (oral presentation/poster) at conferences,
- that you apply for travel expenses before the trip,
- that you - after the journey, within 4 weeks - submit the declaration regarding the travel expenses,
- that there is a clear reference/connection of the event you wish to attend, and the topic of sustainability.
The maximum funding is:
- 500,- Euro for conferences/workshops/retreats within Germany
- 800,- Euro for conferences/workshops within Europe
- 1.000,- Euro for conferences/workshops outside Europe
Applicants are expected to seek support for travel costs from other sources (research organisations, foundations, associations, societies) and to indicate this in the application. Confirmations or refusals must be attached accordingly.