Grants for PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows
The Grade Center “Language” can support the research of PhD candidates as well as postdoctoral fellows with funds of up to € 1000 per person.
What can be funded?
- travel expenses to support active participation (talk or poster) at an academic conference
- organisation of workshops and conferences
- funding of research assistants in support of individual research (e.g. data collection for experimental studies, statistical support)
- expenses for publications (english corrections, open access fees, but not for commercial publishers)
Who can apply?
- PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows at Goethe University
- applications must have a clear relationship to the topic of the GRADE Center Language
- description of your project and justification of expenses (please state the relation to the topic of the GRADE Center Language)
- overview of expected costs
- CV (please include a list of publications and conference presentations)
- proof of membership in the Goethe University community
Applications can be submitted at any time. Please submit your application to the center coordinator Dr. Derya Nuhbalaoglu via e-mail: Nuhbalaoglu@em.uni-frankfurt.de
Doctoral Degree Start-Up and Completion Scholarships
The GRADE Center Language offers Doctoral Degree Start-up and Completion Scholarshops for doctoral candidates pursuing a dissertation project at Goehte University related to the research focus of the Center.
Who can apply?
Young researchers who are preparing their dissertation project at Goethe University (Start-Up) or
doctoral students at Goethe University in the final phase of their dissertation project (Completion)
without funding. The dissertation topic needs to be related to the research focus of the GRADE
The following documents are needed for the application:
Cover letter (including information about contact details, dissertation topic, name of supervisor, intended source of funding / or previous funding)
CV (incl. a copy of the last degree, if applicable: list of publications, conference presentations, for Completion Scholarships: Faculty letter of admission as PhD candidate at Goethe University Frankfurt)
One-page description of the current state of the dissertation project including a timeline.
Brief letter of recommendation from the main supervisor (for completion Scholarships: comment on the progress of the dissertation project and confirmation of the suggested timeline ensuring the expected submission of the thesis by the end of 2022 or in early 2023)
Submission of all documents is possible between June 1st and June 30th 2022.
Successful applicants will receive 1000 Euro per month for the duration of up to 3 months; an extension is generally not possible.
Applications can be submitted by e-mail (one PDF file) to:
Prof. Dr. Esther Rinke
Institut für romanische Sprachen und Literaturen
Norbert Wollheim Platz 1